Over the past few summers, we’ve been hearing rumours that it’s possible to cook a pizza on the BBQ, and that this cooking technique provides results that are just as delicious as if the pizza was cooked in a wood oven. But…how? Here are the steps to follow to become a master BBQ pizza chef!
- Roll out the pizza dough to the desired shape and powder both sides with flour so it does not stick to the BBQ grill. Alternatively, brush with a little oil to prevent it from sticking to the grill.
- Cook one side of the crust over medium-high heat inside the closed BBQ for around 2 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the BBQ and turn it over so that your selected toppings are placed on the COOKED side (with the uncooked side facing down). Note that you can use our dried pepperoni over AND under the cheese without worrying about it burning!
- Place the garnished pizza on the BBQ grill with the uncooked side down, close the lid and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once the pizza is cooked through, add a few ingredients to garnish and season: basil, chives, oregano, etc. Serve and enjoy with family or friends!
Our sliced deli products are ideal for homemade pizza! Try them today!