- In a large frying pan, cook the diced pancetta in olive oil until nicely coloured. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same frying pan, add the cubes of squash, leek, apple, and ginger, and simmer without browning for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and let simmer until the leek and squash pieces are tender, or from 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size of the vegetables.
- Blend the mixture for a smooth result. Add a small amount of broth if the mixture is too thick. Season with salt, add a little tabasco sauce, and set aside.
- Use a whisk to slightly thicken the cream, and add the chives. Set aside in the refrigerator.
To serve, pour the soup into appropriate bowls or plates, top with the diced pancetta mixture and a dab of fresh cream with chives, and decorate with a few apple slices.